Moving with large fish

Mfowlie626

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2013
U.S.
So I'm moving an hour and a half from where I live now and was wondering what the best way to move larger fish. (pike cichlid, P Bass, LM Bass, Crappie, bichir....all over 8 inches) Is their some kind of sealed plastic containers I can get anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cichlidpirate

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2013
New Jersey
get some rubbermaid tubs at walmart, there pretty cheap, and get a battery operated air pump to keep the water oxygenated they should be fine for just an hour and a half,

heres a quick link to one $39 for 8
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-18-Gallon-72-Quart-Storage-Box-Set-of-8/10401037

Right on, I moved from Western PA to NJ and I just put all my fish in large rubbermaid, I used a regular air pump with a power converter (plug into cig lighter) and made it with no issues and that was a 7 hour move and like 9 hours from the first fish out of the tank until it was back in the tank. All large SA/CA cichlids and catfish

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
I moved from nj to fl and back to nj. I used big Rubbermaid an ac power inverter and ran a submersible fluval and a heater but that was a 22 hour drive. Battery powered air pump should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Shenanigans

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
Wyoming
i have moved fish from maine to florida and from florida to vermont. I use a trash back to line a cooler(just to prevent splashing. Then all I use is a power converter and an air pump. In all my trips I only lost 2 fish and that was when the air pump was accidentally turned off in the hotel room

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store