How much light for a 55 gal

Crazygn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2013
Maryland
Few of my plants are dying , it's a 55 gal tank with a single bulb 40w light , liquid co2 also and fert, plants are in Eco complete

Crazygn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2013
Maryland
It's a 32w t-10 ... 6500-6700k

ferts are by flourish , 3 times a week
co2 is by API ... 5ml a day
and I have Eco complete in the bottom

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
It's a 32w t-10 ... 6500-6700k

ferts are by flourish , 3 times a week
co2 is by API ... 5ml a day
and I have Eco complete in the bottom
I think I said this to someone earlier, but I don't think a single t10 is enough for a tank that tall.

You already seem to know everything else you need plant wise, so I suggest upgrading your lighting a little bit. Go for medium or low light, you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I think I said this to someone earlier, but I don't think a single t10 is enough for a tank that tall.

You already seem to know everything else you need plant wise, so I suggest upgrading your lighting a little bit. Go for medium or low light, you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
+1

Even a cheap 4' shoplight with dual bulbs would be fine from you lhs. Id try to stay around 80-100watts. Just a cheap solution to grow your plants.

I only use fixtures from my hardware store, essentially their the same but not as pretty and much cheaoer then aquarium lighting.

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 9 wins back to back in 1 season (record!) See you next year in Australia boys!×

Cheap way to decrease nitrates and keep your fish healthy: http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504763 [/QUOTE]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store