Going to Vancouver BC for the Holidays

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
I am going to Vancouver BC with my family to visit my brother for the holidays. I am only going to stay for a limited amount of time and most is going to be spent with family. However I'm planning a good two to three hour excursion where I can escape for a while and have a look at some of Vancouver's best Arowana shops. To save time I have not got for this trip and effort I am asking MFK members in Vancouver BC what are the top Arowana shops in Vancouver BC? Thanks!

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
You won't find any Asian Arowana specialty shops here. Because of the high price of Asians not a lot of shops have regular stock. King Eds sometimes has one or two Asians and some smaller silvers or blacks. Most of the Asians over here are just special order.
We've got a few inches of snow over the last 24hrs, so enjoy.

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
You won't find any Asian Arowana specialty shops here. Because of the high price of Asians not a lot of shops have regular stock. King Eds sometimes has one or two Asians and some smaller silvers or blacks. Most of the Asians over here are just special order.
We've got a few inches of snow over the last 24hrs, so enjoy.
Last time I was there for a visit there were a couple small specialty shops. I just only could window shop because they were closed.

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
Snakeheads used to be fairly regular, but since that one was released in Burnaby, most shops won't even special order them. The shop that I mentioned earlier, King Eds, had TV stations and news papers coming in to take photos and interview about selling Snakeheads. They are worried about negative publicity, so they won't even special order them anymore. I haven't seen to many walking cats around either, but most shops don't carry monsters just because they're less popular and not many people can house them.

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Do you recall the names of the shops?
I have got to ask my brother the shops name. However there was an Arowana Shop right next to where he lives.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Vancouver Public Aquarium is definitely worth a visit. They got some really cool freshwater tanks.

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Vancouver Public Aquarium is definitely worth a visit. They got some really cool freshwater tanks.
I have gone that place is epic! I'm on the lookout for Asian Arowanas if I can locate them though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store