Importing LMB and Bluegill ?

QuErorZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
turkey
Hey guys...

I am from Istanbul, Turkey. For my huge outdoor pond project i am looking to import Largemouth Bass and Bluegill(maybe Channel Catfish too). How possible is that?

I know it is possible to get them from the USA but getting these fishes shipped from the USA should be too risky. Do you think they can survive a trip of 20 hours(in an airplane) ?

I guess getting them from the Europe should be much less risky. Because that will mean just 5-6 hours of flight but i have no clue if any of the European countries have breeders of LMB and BG.

I need some serious guidance here and any of your helps will be very much appreciated.

Thank you :) .

bigpac

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
phx, az
You should be OK getting them shipped from the us and still be ok. I take for granted the fish in question cuz I see them almost every weekend at local lakes lol but are awesome fish in there own right. I keep peacock bass from south america so these fish get hit with almost a 30hr flight to one spot then unbagged for a week to chill out and then back in the bag for another 8 hr flight to my house from the east coast lol. But any way you can get them is really all that matters!!! Good luck and happy keeping

QuErorZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
turkey
Thank you my friend. It was such a relief to hear that 30 hr of flight is not such a big issue. Should we anesthetize the fishes for that trip? And what size of fishes are ideal to be shipped?

I wonder if anyone knows any other countries where i can provide these species. Just want to know my options :) .

TY

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
It seems like you should be able to catch/find LMB somewhere in Turkey - they have been stocked all over the world.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
LMB have large wild populations and aee bred by several people in Austria. That should be your best bet.

QuErorZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
turkey
It seems like you should be able to catch/find LMB somewhere in Turkey - they have been stocked all over the world.
I am afraid , that's not right sir :) . We don't have these species. Only a couple European countries do, such as Spain and a couple more.

LMB have large wild populations and aee bred by several people in Austria. That should be your best bet.
Thank you very much. Right now i am working on getting them from the USA but if that doesn't work out i might ask for your further help. TY :)

QuErorZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
turkey
Guys i found LMB in Singapore but no luck with other species so far. I don't know what to do.

USA or European countries don't look possible to import fish.

My options are: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia. Any thoughts?

QuErorZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
turkey
Guys i found LMB in Singapore but no luck with other species so far. I don't know what to do.

USA or European countries don't look possible to import fish.

My options are: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia. Any thoughts?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store