Beautiful Weather today in NYC for early morning Fishing

fishking

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
new york
fishing for exotics this morning at 6 am...the huge Willow and connecting Meadow lake..home of the Channa Argus...fished for 5 hours....these guys have been in these lakes before the ban..I know many locals of Asian decent who food fish them..When I catch them I release them..#1 it has been concluded they are NOT dominating and taking over the lake. and #2 I do not kill fish. #3 I'm not taking food out of anyone's mouth. and #4 they are damn fun to fish and for some unknown reason in these lakes and surrounding they get huge and are not easy to find or access, the shorelines are un kept and very wild with thick weeds. This past summer it took me a total of 80 hours of fishing (7) trips before I snagged one. in 2011 I hit the lake with a casting net to gauge their numbers and netted a juvie or 2 after every other 4 casts which contained many other fish species that are clearly more abundant..Well no luck today, :cry: just a few bass and giant white perch but I'll be back in spring.
ps. I do not catch these fish for anyone so please do not ask..

-5.jpg

fishking

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
new york
white perch Joel....and 2 LMB...I had my bike thank God..had to ride through 10 inches of melted snow water for about 30 to 40 yards to get to a certain spot..with hundreds of ducks, seagulls and geese wadding in that water..willow and meadow lakes are high ph brackish..the birds love these fresh water flood lands..it was surreal ..i'll keep you posted

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store