One Of The Best, Cheapest Things I've Bought

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Hey everyone. I was given a 180 gallon glass tank about 4-5 months ago. It's a bare tank with only the glass brace on top. I went to a local glass shop that I've been to before and had them cut me 2 pieces of glass 24 inches long, 12 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick. However, every time I took the tops off to do water changes, I would accidently bump one of the corners and the glass would chip and sometimes the top would break apart. I'm not talking about hard bumps either, just a tap. Anyways, I went to get another 2 pieces because the only charged me $9.00 for each piece. I tried to be extra careful with the tops but one little bump on the corner and the glass would break again. I reluctantly realized that maybe I'm going to have to buy acrylic pieces instead but, first they're more expensive, gets hazy over time and will warp under the heats from the lights. I was at Aqua Craze looking around their flowerhorns and saw packs of 4 plastic corner covers. Bought a couple of packs to try since they were only about $3.99. Went home to put them on another set of glass tops and it's been 2 months and the glass is perfect even when I bumped the corners pretty hard. Here are pictures of the covers, top with covers on, top on top of the tank and pictures of my experimental community tank. The tank has been set-up for about 2 months now and I have never had any forms of aggression or stress on the fish. The tank holds, 1 12 inch SRD that's been fading forever, 1 5 inch Oscar, 2 blood parrots, 1 short body flowerhorn and 1 6 inch albino pleco. I've never seen them chase or nip at each other and they actually swim back and forth together like a school. Anyways, I hope the plastic corners will help someone in my situation, Ed.

20131222_191411[1].jpg

20131222_191514[1].jpg

20131222_191641[1].jpg

20131222_191722[1].jpg

20131222_191825[1].jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store