zebra danios

tankbusterlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2006
Quebec,CAnada
Hi,

Just wondering if i am not mistaken zebra danios are mainly top fish ,right ? So you can't keep them in a tank all by themself because they will be mainly in the top portion of the tank and the bottom of the tank will look empty. I ask because i have zebra danios right now but i never thought they would be so beautiful once full grown. I would want more than 8. I would bring the school to 15 for the moment.

Personally i like the regular zebra danio but she likes the pink zebra danio.

Anyway my question is would you keep a zebra danio only tank like a 75 gallon ? Is it better to keep doing what i do mix danios with other school of fish such as barbs ?

As you can see i have no luck with java moss. All the other plants have either been eaten by the barbs or they unrooted them by picking at them.

100_0240.JPG100_0227.JPG100_0236.JPG100_0237.JPG

100_0240.JPG

100_0227.JPG

100_0236.JPG

100_0237.JPG

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I find the more deco you have in a tank that mimics their natural habitat, the more likely fish will explore all levels...

I have some red pencil fish which are normally top dwellers, but since i rescaped my tank, they've been seen on all levels, and even my bottom dwelling fish are starting to move around the upper levels more...

So i think how you scape a tank has a lot to do with how they will behave inside a tank...

As for filling a 75G with schooling fish, i say why not? I mix a lot of fish in my 60G which imo gives it a really calming feel...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rohanroy123

Feeder Fish
Dec 23, 2013
pakistan
Generally I don’t learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store