Moving - 14 hour drive?

kageh124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2012
MD, DC Area
So I'm moving from Orlando to DC and a part of me really wants to bring one or 2 of my fish.

Has anyone ever transported their monster fish long distances? The drive is about 14 hours or so. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
Get them bagged at lfs using oxygen. Place them in cooler and use a few heat pads, should be fine 24hrs that way. If it's that flowerhorn in your aviator I'd use the biggest bag you can get. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Another way i've read of, albeit a little more work, but you could get a cooler, drill a hole in the lid for an air line, plug that into a battery operated air pump, fill cooler with fish, close lid and off you go... Although not sure how much temp may fluctuate...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
I would say it's not a problem as there are fish shipped all over the map everyday. However, size and age probably should be taken into account, depending on what you plan to take. Pack it just like a fish breeder would ship his/her fish and you should have no problems. Like, heat, oxygen and a air pump. Feed before packing them up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store