Cockatoo cichlid or ram?

babyfishbreeder

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2013
Philippines
I am thinking of adding some dwarf cichlids to my 100gal tank

I'm choosing between cockatoo cichlid or ram

My tanks currently have female bettas, guppies, swordtails, angelfish and corydoras

which is a better choice?

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
I just recently (4 weeks ago) picked up my first m/f pair of Cockatoo cichlids, I absolutely love them, they're great to watch. They are always displaying at each other and already have fry. My setup is just a 15g breeder with the m/f pair, so you're in a different situation, but I think you would be fine with the fish you mentioned. The only fish I'm not sure on as far as your tankmates is the female betta. Being you have such a large setup, I don't think you'll have issues, especially if there's plenty of hiding spots/plants/ornaments. Just provide some type of cave for breeding.

babyfishbreeder

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2013
Philippines
So either would be fine?
yaaay!!!

I just recently (4 weeks ago) picked up my first m/f pair of Cockatoo cichlids, I absolutely love them, they're great to watch. They are always displaying at each other and already have fry. My setup is just a 15g breeder with the m/f pair, so you're in a different situation, but I think you would be fine with the fish you mentioned. The only fish I'm not sure on as far as your tankmates is the female betta. Being you have such a large setup, I don't think you'll have issues, especially if there's plenty of hiding spots/plants/ornaments. Just provide some type of cave for breeding.
what should I do for the female betta?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store