Ricordea Yuma

sharkfinsean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
Baltimore, MD
Hello,
I have been looking into buying a Ricordea Yuma lately and I have heard varying stories about these doing amazing in some tanks and immediately melting away. Has anyone been able to keep Yumas for a long period of time, if so would you please share your tank stats and what you think the key to success is when keeping yumas. Currently I have ricordea flrodias and they are doing fine.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
~Sean

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I absolutely love yumas and 1 of mine, I've had for close to 5 years. I've heard the same thing about how in some people's tanks they just never survive but I honestly don't know why. Just keep the params in check and give them high lighting. Also, when you pick one out, make sure its open and healthy looking.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I had the problem of them melting away several years ago. I gave up on them for a while and then tried them again fairly recently. This time they survived for the most part. The only thing that has changed is that I now have fewer zoantids and palythoas. Frequently, it isn't what we can test for but what we can't. In my case, that tank probably had a build up of palytoxin.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store