Fishy Business

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I remember awhile back participating in a thread discussing LFS vs shopping online and that thread stuck with me. I've bought lots of fish online and partly because my lfs just wasn't doing it for me..... Stock, prices, service.... All left a bit to be desired.

So, I took a ride around to a few places and just on a whim, decided to hit Fishy Business last on my list. First thing I noticed was, the shop itself seemed, cleaner, brighter.... Something was different. I was hunting a synspilium that day and was going to take a ride out to Odessa if I had to, but low and behold, they had several. That's when I noticed the Umbee, Dovii, nourisatii, Festae, bartoni, labridens, Argentea, Bifa ....., the stock was amazing. Couldn't believe how many cool species there were and that was just the CE/SA section. Tons of Africans, saltwater, plants, supplies .....

Then Josh, who I later found out was the new owner, came and introduced himself. We chatted fish for a bit, he helped me pick my syn and I was off to the house. Since then I've been back to buy lots of fish including some special order rainbows and my only problem is there are so many options, I sometimes buy something I never intended lol.... and probably will for quite awhile.

So in a day and age when most fish stores are falling by the wayside of the big chains and online sales, it was nice to see and old place get a makeover and be fun to visit again. Thanks Josh! If you're ever in the Orlando/Longwood area and want to check out a cool shop, stop by Fishy Business.

And yeah I want that Nourisatti lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
My wife and I are trying to sell fish out of our house and I always tell her have fish that are hard to find. On that note good job Josh I believe the unique will get people in the door then they will shop. It is better to see the fish in person then you know for sure what it is truly like. Sounds like you found a new favorite fish store John.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
That's good to hear, I love a good mom and pops lfs

Brooks74

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Great prices and selections I live in Tallahassee which is about 4 hrs away but I have family in the Sanford area and whenever I visit I make sure to stop in and always leave with something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store