HELP ME WITH MY GAR!!!! EMERGENCY EMERGENCY!!!!!!

bryan.u159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
United States
I NEED HELP SORRY ITS CHRISTMAS EVE AND I NEED SOME HELP ADVISE ANYTHING POSSIBLE TO HELP ME HERE SERIOUSLY SOMEONE TELL ME WHATS WRONG!!!!! HE DOES THIS ONCE IN A WHILE AND IM SCARED HE IS GOING TO DIE :( WATCH THE VIDEO IT WILL SHOW U WHATS WRONG!! this is nowhere near as bad as it gets please help!!!!!

[video=youtube;k3LOQDIF0K4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3LOQDIF0K4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
It's weird because the swimming appears to be controlled like he's trying to swim in the current of the bubbles. A lot of times, gars will break their backs hitting the glass but they would swim more spastically. Does this only happen with the night lights on? Perhaps he's chasing his reflection. When did this start happening and have you checked your water parameters?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bryan.u159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
United States
he does this alot randomly and not only in the bubbles and almost jumped out the tank on the other side and he has been in this setup for very long now and yea my nitrates are high but that wont help he keeps doing it even if water change is over kuz i have seen him do it before he eats like normal do gars like currents? i thought they didnt so i pointed the two outtakes towards the glass to stop the current should i point them into the tank so that the gar can swim in the current? i have 2 canister filters running....

bryan.u159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
United States
It's weird because the swimming appears to be controlled like he's trying to swim in the current of the bubbles. A lot of times, gars will break their backs hitting the glass but they would swim more spastically. Does this only happen with the night lights on? Perhaps he's chasing his reflection. When did this start happening and have you checked your water parameters?

No this happens lights on and off I'll try to turn them off to see

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
he does this alot randomly and not only in the bubbles and almost jumped out the tank on the other side and he has been in this setup for very long now and yea my nitrates are high but that wont help he keeps doing it even if water change is over kuz i have seen him do it before he eats like normal do gars like currents? i thought they didnt so i pointed the two outtakes towards the glass to stop the current should i point them into the tank so that the gar can swim in the current? i have 2 canister filters running....

Define high NO3......

garboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2013
Chadds Ford PA
Seems to me he's freaking out because of bad water parameters. I've seen fish do this before with bad water. They constantly freak out. That's just my opinion I could be wrong . Is your ammonia high?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store