Americans, answer me this Xmas question.

Libpete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
England
Do you guys in the US have the same classic Xmas songs every Xmas? Like the same ones as us in the UK? Only certain songs become classics and they include The Pogues, Mariah Carey, Slade, Wizard, Band Aid, Wham.

Do these get played alot in the US?

Edit: I forget it still Xmas morning over there. Its the evening here and im getting nicely lubricated. Cheers Jesus

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Yes we have the same songs every year like you but just about singer has their own christmas album.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Libpete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
England
Yeah there is loads of songs about, but a select few have been about for decades over here and it aint Xmas without them all over the radio.

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
I get tired so tired of the same songs, hardly any stations here play religious music, all that frosty, Santa winter wonderland stuff over and over

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
I have never heard xmas songs by any of those artists.

As mentioned, it's usually the same songs but sung by different artists. You may hear "jingle bells" sung by a number of different people during the season.

I feel like more "oldies" are appreciated around here such as Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennet

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I'm working seasonally in an HMV in Canada and I can tell you that music in North America is the same as England all time of the year. I lived in England for a while and with the way you guys are absorbing American culture it won't be long til you are practically an extra state!

Only difference here in Canada is that we have Tim Hortons and people are actually polite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store