RIP, Lost my micropletes :(

TOOTHLESS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2013
UK
So Just after getting in an Even Larger tank For my 2 Larger fish Just for them, All cycled and filtered, up to temp, perfect, I move over my micro and arowana "Who both get on superbly well together", and all is well.
A couple of weeks into it, I wake up and the tank and its 2 inhabitants are fine,... within an hour of me popping out and coming back, My channa is dead!
I don't know how, But worm parasites! I instantly take the arowana and place him into a medi tank and dose with worming med as a precaution.
Strip the tank back and refill and dose the tank too to ensure its safe, binned all media, and had to start again,..Absolutely gutted As I loved my micro, Cant work out where it got the parasite from, its on non live food! and the tank was immaculately cleaned down.
Its been a week now and the arowana is fine, But Seems to be missing his tank mate. I may look for another,.. or a northern, or bullseye...
Out of all the fish I've owned The micro hands down despite its massive size has and probably will be my favorite. What to put into a 234 Gallon tank now ???!!!

TOOTHLESS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2013
UK
LOL they too get mahoosive too eh, But yea plus its finding a seller in the uk,.. and I wouldnt wanna lose my arowana,..Was crazy how well the micro and arowana got on,...I have a ornate Bichir They dont get too big tho eh

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store