1960 Apartment Building Floor Strength?

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
Do you think my apartment floors can handle a 75 gallon tank? im on the 3rd floor of the building, i just wanna test fill it to see if it leaks before i move into my new house. I have hardwood floors and the ones in my room creek when i walk over them, any suggestions? my tenant is sick so i cant contact him for a while.

RBoydIV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Yes, are you scared when three of your buddies sit on your couch at the same time? Your 75 will be fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

castro1212

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2012
metairie louisiana
ever heard that saying force it and if it breaks it needed replacing anyways? lol thats not the exact saying but its kinda rue in this case if your floor breaks after a day or two or a week after the tank has been filled then it needed replacing anyways. if youre really nervous just move everything around to where its only the tank for a good amount space and place it on an outside wall or even better caddy corner it to two outside walls

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
ever heard that saying force it and if it breaks it needed replacing anyways? lol thats not the exact saying but its kinda rue in this case if your floor breaks after a day or two or a week after the tank has been filled then it needed replacing anyways. if youre really nervous just move everything around to where its only the tank for a good amount space and place it on an outside wall or even better caddy corner it to two outside walls
Thanks for the tip i moved it to the outside wall and started filling so far so good!

castro1212

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2012
metairie louisiana
youre welcome. i have my 55 on side a wall and no supports on the bottom. its in my room on the 2nd floor and i have been having it like this for a few months now and no problems it weighs a good 600lbs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store