My Holiday Excursion to a BC Arowana Retailer

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
I have got a brother that lives in British Columbia and this year our family decided too visit him for this holiday season. Being from California and being a huge Arowana fan whenever I visit him it allows me the the opportunity to go window shopping for legal Asian Arowanas, when I have some extra time. This year I got away for about an hour and I got the opportunity to visit Island Pets Unlimited. Last time I was here when the company was named Big Al's Aquarium and they had about eight Asian Arowana's. This time they only had for their inventory one Super Red or a "Prestige Red". Here's some pictures or the one Super Red Arowana and a couple other Aquariums that were at the store;).

n1xf.jpg

ujh3.JPG

qw6u.jpg

9mm7.jpg

bw7t.JPG

zpvk.jpg

6rg.JPG

Here are a couple of other neat aquariums that were at the shop as well. Such as this shark and Moray Eel Aquarium.

v6v6.jpg

A Black Piranha aquarium;).

g3is.jpg

A great Flower Horn aquarium;).

lpw0.jpg

An Ornate Bichir and Clown Loach aquarium;).

t1ct.JPG

n1xf.jpg

ujh3.JPG

qw6u.jpg

9mm7.jpg

bw7t.JPG

zpvk.jpg

6rg.JPG

v6v6.jpg

g3is.jpg

lpw0.jpg

t1ct.JPG

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Wow those are impressive clown loaches! Were they for sale?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Looks like a decent shop , the aros look bright and healthy enough , and im loving that shark :)

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Wow those are impressive clown loaches! Were they for sale?
No that was just a display aquarium only. There were three to four medium Ornate Birchirs that looked great too.

Looks like a decent shop , the aros look bright and healthy enough , and im loving that shark :)
It is a decent shop. My eyes were all about the Super Red Arowana and I overlooked taking a couple pictures of some freshwater stingrays that were in the same aquarium. There were a couple larger aquariums too.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice , I've recently turned my hobby towards rays after all my years in fishkeeping I've had a motoro a few months now
My LFS has some nice fish but only a few of each species at one time so you have to be either quick when new orders come in our hooked up by manager like me :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good looking shark although it does not look like the type that would normally lie on the bottom..Did you get a price for the Arowana?

m_class2g

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Arowana is $1888, boxing day sale. The P14s were nice as well!

Clown loaches are for sale. They just arrived several days ago so perhaps still quarantine.

I do not work for the shop. I just live close by!

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
Arowana is $1888, boxing day sale. The P14s were nice as well!

Clown loaches are for sale. They just arrived several days ago so perhaps still quarantine.

I do not work for the shop. I just live close by!
Damn almost 2 g's for an Aro?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've seen them goin for more than 2g in UK , chipped with certificate

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store