My Black Arowana in His 1000g Glass Tank

Albertan

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2007
Alberta, CANADA
I haven't put any pictures up of my big tank recently. So I thought I would take the opportunity to share my pride and joy with my fellow hobbyists. I got this aro from Jeff Rapps back in the Spring at around 10-11". I'd guess it's somewhere around 18" now...it's a big fish but nowhere near full grown. If you haven't seen the build for the tank it's in, you can check it out by clicking here.

Black_Aro_1.JPG

Black_Aro_2.JPG

Black_Aro_3.JPG

Black_Aro_11.JPG

[HR][/HR]
I always get asked for full tank shots, so here are a few taken last night also. Looking for the arowana is sorta like playing Where's Waldo. Cheers. :D

FTS_1.JPG

FTS_2.JPG

FTS_3.JPG

[HR][/HR]
On another side note related to the Arowana forums. I am setting up a new 240g tank this weekend to house a MerLion Ultimate Royal Gold gold-base FHXB Asian arowana I am having delivered in the next few weeks. I'm going to keep the aro with eight 7" clown loaches I recently acquired and six Myleus schomburgkii "Rio Xingu" silver dollars. I'm in detailed discussions with Dreamfish Inc. to find their best candidate on the farm to turn out like this fella...

uL-angelo.jpg

Black_Aro_1.JPG

Black_Aro_2.JPG

Black_Aro_3.JPG

Black_Aro_11.JPG

FTS_1.JPG

FTS_2.JPG

FTS_3.JPG

uL-angelo.jpg

Albertan

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2007
Alberta, CANADA
I spend so much time in front of that tank that I don't really notice the growth to be honest. Other than the first few weeks in quarantine, all those fish have been grown out in a 700g pond or the 1000g tank, with water changes likely averaging 100g daily. I'm not sure how I could provide any better conditions for their health. I do only feed once a day now, and I skip a day about once a week to simulate nature. I'm not in a rush to grow them faster than anyone else. I just want them to make it to adulthood with good health.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I want to go snorkeling in that tank

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
That tank and your fish are amazing! What are the dimentions?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store