Co2 for planted tank

Vilardz3190

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2011
Rockville Centre, NY
Anyone have any idea what type of co2 setup I would need for a 46 gallon planted aquarium. I'm looking at some stuff on greenleafaquarium.com but that's really pricey. Looking to see what other ppl use. Any input is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy

Depending on the plants you want to keep, you may not need CO2 at all (see sticky)

HarleyK

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I have the primo from gla and love it. When I got it I read many reviews on every option and was never confident in any other of the cheaper options, all seemed to have a weakness and after replacing/upgrading a single part the difference in price was negligible so I didn't see the point in settling for a lesser set-up and dealing with potential problems. I could have but the parts and built the same setup for less but I was working 60+ hours a week at the timeso it wasn't worth it to me to shop around for each piece to save $50 give or take.

Just because something is less expensive doesn't mean its a better value.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
What sticky?

The one I wrote on the need for CO2 being a myth debunked (in this forum). Controversial title drew great discussions, and you'll find nice planted tanks and success stories without CO2. You'll also find some Dutchesque tanks, but that might not be what you're looking for in your initial setup. Again, it'll depend on what plants you want to grow.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Since you seem to be on the MFK app, when in the planted section of the app, look at the top of the page, there should 3 tabs, one will be labelled "stickies" or something like tht

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store