What's up with the prices for NGT lately?

hulk181

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
Cerritos CA
I've seen some really really high prices for NGT on the market place recently. Saw a 9 inch one for $500 and theres one right now thats 6 inch for $400. Are people really paying these prices? And if they are, what happened that made the price skyrocket?

I did a search for big NGTs sold on mfk and there were some back in 2010/2011 that were 10 inch plus for $150-$200. How did the price double so fast?

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
From what I've seen NGT have always been the second most rare dat next to the ST's. Maybe they have become more rare over time just as ST's have. IDK just a thought.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
As rarely as they do come in,three inchers can be over one hundred dollars so the big ones should easily demand a nice price if someone wants one.Four hundred bucks for a mere six incher might be a bit much.

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
Supply n demand. When ST easy to get, NGT price is low. Now ST almost gone. NGT getting pricey. Few more years, when NGT is gone, 3bar IT will get pricey.
Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
It's a joke as I just sold my 9" NGT for $100 after trying to sell it for $275,$250,$200,$175,etc. No supply and demand here in Canada!
Finally had someone interested at the $100 mark. Would never want to own one for a price of $400 plus. Makes no sense at all how people come up with these prices.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Let me bet... you didnt offer shipping and if you did you can sell that many times over all day everyday

Sent from my SGH-M819N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I am in the center of 2 major cities that are 1 1/2hrs one way and 2 1/2hrs the other way. I Posted on major fish sites and on Kijiji for a couple months and only one reply when it got down to the $100 mark. Shipping should have not played a role in selling my NGT when I was within 2hrs of a combined population of over 2 million people! So back to the shipping part, what point would it have played in helping sell my fish if I couldn't sell it where I am located now! Selling fish in the US and other areas is way different then selling fish in Canada. Like I said no one here would pay $400 or more for a 9" NGT if they barely could buy it for $100. Thus the supply and demand for NGT's hasn't reached these parts yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store