New Clown Knifefish, and tankmates!

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
thought i'd post a few pic's of 2 new knifefish i recently picked up and some there new tank mates!

First the CK shots!

yawning

closeup:

tried to use my hand as a reference, not the best choice , i'm 6'2" but makes me looks like kids hands LOL

A few shot's with the RTG aro!

a race for food

CK's with the Endlies,

And Some shot's of the Bichirs, It's incredibly rare that i see the new Lapradi let alone get them both in a pic !

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Thanks,

I haven't seen and aggression between them at all and no signs of nipping or biting they stick together, smaller/narrower one is clearly a more dominate fish he occasionally tried to top the aro, or shove the turtle or dat back into hiding, never biting just usese us body weight to move others around , but it never bothers the other clown actually seems a bit protective of the larger/taller one from time to time.

the one exception I saw was right after the last big water change. The "smaller" one was sorta dancing/flashing and acting odd around the other it then latched onto the pectoral fin of the other and swam along side locked together for a few seconds then backed off, it then went completely back to normal, lust chilling out aide by side no damage was done to the others fin was just holding on tight to it.

I haven't found much info on courtship/breeding but just from watching the behavior it seemed more like an attempt at courtship then it did a fight, but really dont know for sure and they have been completely peaceful again since so only time will tell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store