Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
NOTE:
This thread is not a joke i am simply asking a question out of curiosity so nobody get out of control please.
I want this to go through in a mature manner.
Thank you.

So, on this site i witness alot of people get flamed for tank size and overstocking. Things that are not even bad like a 8 inch arowana in a 50 gallon tank. Anyways, i was recently looking through mfk youtube channel and i see these videos (i will post screenshots..) really? Do you guys really promote a video of a2300 gallon with 3 pimas about 6 arowanas 3 giant gouramis peacock bass and more? Its kind of hypocritical if you ask me... I just want to know if you guys really "agree" with this video because it is on the official channel i just dont get why anybody would overstock THIS bad....
Again
PLEASE do not be rude to me i am just asking a question.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1388480673.999381.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1388480692.272580.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1388480705.842082.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1388480718.870045.jpg

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Your counts are for sure off man. 2nd to the last pic I counted 12 jardini. It is sad seeing such crowded fish. When I saw the thread title I thought to my self "way too small for 3 adult pima". Then clicked on the 1st pic and was like "omg". I gotta say tho. The feedings must be unreal to watch! Lmao

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mike b

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
hamilton, ohio
I agree I think there are too many hypocritical people that are quick to jump on someone that is merely asking a question or doesnt have the experience in keeping monster fish. how many of us can actually house some of these fish for life? and some people will say their fish are farmed or tank bred and thats fine but what about the individuals that buy wild caught fish? can an aquarium or even a pond offer the space and the hiding that were available to them out in the wild? I also see alot of posts where anyone with any semblance of experience will know right away tanks too small or overcrowded or fish will not co habitate for very long, I try to refrain from posting on those threads because I dont want to be a hypocrite I myself have kept red tail cats and other big cats I knew I couldnt house for life I did find a suitable home for these. anyway I sometimes am left thinking when I see some of the comments that get posted when someone gets flamed for a simple question these people doing the flaming do they actually have any experience with the subject in question or are they just following what everyone else is saying? Im sure some of the people that respond to these threads have actual real world experience in the subject at hand and I applaud them these are the ones that post intelligent responses and give sound advice rather than just start with the negative comments. as im sure someone might not like what Im writing, and thats fine I could say all the years of experience I do or dont have in keeping fish that doesnt mean I know what Im doing it does work for me the tank in question in the OP's post looks extremely overcrowded but for whatever reason it doesnt look like the fish are in any way unhealthy, its a personal choice I guess.The owner of the fish seems at least from the pictures though it is too small a tank to keep it clean.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
NOTE:
This thread is not a joke i am simply asking a question out of curiosity so nobody get out of control please.
I want this to go through in a mature manner.
Thank you.

So, on this site i witness alot of people get flamed for tank size and overstocking. Things that are not even bad like a 8 inch arowana in a 50 gallon tank. Anyways, i was recently looking through mfk youtube channel and i see these videos (i will post screenshots..) really? Do you guys really promote a video of a2300 gallon with 3 pimas about 6 arowanas 3 giant gouramis peacock bass and more? Its kind of hypocritical if you ask me... I just want to know if you guys really "agree" with this video because it is on the official channel i just dont get why anybody would overstock THIS bad....
Again
PLEASE do not be rude to me i am just asking a question.
Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Your query and statement is hypocritical. It seems to be directed at either the whole of the community or at those who run the site or at the administrator himself. How can you label a whole community as "kind of hypocritical" if they "promote" this video when everyone here has different feelings about stocking? Some people flame about overstocking and some praise JDM style tanks so where is the hypocrisy? Because different people on the same site have different opinions? Did the poster of the video ever flame about overstocking? If you don't know how can you claim any kind of hypocrisy on a singular level much less a community level? If anyone's hypocritical it's you, you fault people for flaming about over stocking and in the same breath bemoan this tank and it's owner for exactly that by saying this level of overstocking is bad. Doesn't that make you a flamer? and a hypocrite?

Now don't get out of control or get rude on me, I'm just asking a question?

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
This tank looks horrid, the owner defiantly has too remove fish from his set up, And None of us agree to this video, in fact none of use have the control of putting the video up on youtube. Also the question sounds like your bashing on MFK as a whole. Its kinda like your justifying your 8 in Aro in a 50g with this overstocked tank.

BTW
The Aro is not the only resident in your 50g (wonder why you left out the other fish) you have a lima + 2 Bichirs + a convict and that aro looks bigger than 8in

Just My Opinion

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
Your query and statement is hypocritical. It seems to be directed at either the whole of the community or at those who run the site or at the administrator himself. How can you label a whole community as "kind of hypocritical" if they "promote" this video when everyone here has different feelings about stocking? Some people flame about overstocking and some praise JDM style tanks so where is the hypocrisy? Because different people on the same site have different opinions? Did the poster of the video ever flame about overstocking? If you don't know how can you claim any kind of hypocrisy on a singular level much less a community level? If anyone's hypocritical it's you, you fault people for flaming about over stocking and in the same breath bemoan this tank and it's owner for exactly that by saying this level of overstocking is bad. Doesn't that make you a flamer? and a hypocrite?

Now don't get out of control or get rude on me, I'm just asking a question?
Ha +1

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
My opinion. If water parameters r good. Everyone has enough space and food. Then y not add more fish? The OP pic looks too stuffed to me though. Not enough space for everyone. Pretty fish nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store