New pick-up. My first dat

jrance4585

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2011
nj
Just picked this guy up from jc aquarium in NYC (after much negotiating on the price). About 8" - 9" and getting acclimated nicely.

On live but not going to give him any feeders in my tank, as all my fish are currently taking pellets. How quick do these guys catch on? Hopefully quicker than my Kel! Haha. Here are the pics. Let me know what you think! And excuse all the pellets. Took just after feeding and before cleaning, was hoping he would try one out haha.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

jrance4585

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2011
nj
Haha I just found it the other day. It's at 123 Elizabeth St. They have a bunch left and a lot of cool fish. Best spot I have found in NYC. Azuls, tems, arapaima, Venezuelan cat, tigs. Tanks are pretty dirty and it's a small place but fish seem healthy.

jrance4585

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2011
nj
275, we're listed at 4... They had some 3 bars as well which I imagine are worth a little more but always liked the 4 bars.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
It's hit or miss with Dats. I've gotten lucky and then I've had ones that died before they would take a pellet. Easiest way is to get them on shrimp and then stuff the shrimp with pellets and slowly put less shrimp with more pellet until they eventually take just the pellet. I usually starve all of mine for one week and just try pellets to see what happens.

jrance4585

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2011
nj
Thanks. That's my plan to go a few weeks on silversides and pellets. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, I was tired of looking and it was close to me so I just pulled the trigger. Knew it was over proved but what're you gonna do. Everything is more expensive in the city! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store