Check out my hardscape!!

Melbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hawaii
Im still learning and tweaking.. Just got a new lighting system. Planning to add some more rocks and a few more pieces of driftwood. Also planning on planting it in the near future, just some java ferns and mosses. What do you guys think?? Any feedback is appreciated.

uploadfromtaptalk1388550643448.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Something feels a little off to me personally, maybe coz both sides are balanced...

Instead personally i would maybe put all the driftwood and rocks to one side and create a feature that looks like its reaching over to the other side of the tank if you get what i mean..

Otherwise, try looking up iwagami style aquascapes for tips on how to lay out hardscapes... Thats how i first learnt the rules of planted tanks ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Melbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hawaii
Yea, I know what youre saying... Im struggling to find pieces that fit or look good. I might have to end up gluing a whole bunch of them together. Thank you for the advice!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Try burying some part of the wood under the substrate etc to et the desired effect...

Thats what i do with most my scapes these days, since i know what you mean by having problems getting them to work together...

Thats probably also why i have loads of drfitwood i use between tank builds...

Anyway good luck with the build and keep us updated :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Hi, beautiful stock! +1 to Fat Homers ideas. Something like this (not my pic)
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr123/jnaslund/ADA Room/110_3547.jpg

Plants will help fill in the blanks. Willow leaf hygros would look gorgeous in your tank, soft and billowing. http://aquarium.stinglifestyle.com/2012/01/willow-leaf-hygrophila-hrgrophila.html#.UsjnUn0o5PE

Perhaps consider sloping the substrate up towards the back, with lowest point in front. It adds the appearance of depth. What size tank is that & how deep is your substrate? Also curious, what lighting system did you get?

Good luck, please post progress pics.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store