Baby Silver Arowana Food?

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
Hey guys,
I went to my LFS this weekend and saw baby Silvers for $25!!! I couldn't resist the awesome deal so I decided to pick one up. He/she is pretty small at about 3". I tried freeze dried blood worms and flakes for two days but didn't have any luck. I understand that it can take weeks for a new fish to eat but I threw in some feeders to be safe and shortly after it ate a few. It's been on feeders for about four days and still seems nice and plump so I assume it's continued eating them. I feed my other fish pellets, and frozen shrimp + Tilapia filets. What is the best way to get my Aro off of feeders and are they unhealthy for now? Should I just try and transfer it to a different food source once it gets older?

Note: I live in South Florida and have a canal behind my house. There's a fish similar to a guppy that is native to Florida called a Mosquito fish that I can readily catch and use as my feeders. I know the wild caught fish are far healthier than store bought Rosy Minnows and much more nutritious but if my Silver got a parasite or something, how could I tell?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Quarantine feeders and treat heavily with meds and salt for atleast a week. If some die, oh well they were free, but what survive will be fine to feed

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
Small crickets should be taken then add some aro sticks with crickets then just sticks worked for me but if you have free feeders and can quartine them I think fish grow faster on live just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Alright. Thank you! I'm trying crickets this weekend. I'll have to see how that goes but he always seems to be nice and plump from the feeders. I keep the tank full of them. View attachment 978768

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store