JARDINI NOT EATING...PLEASE ADVICE!!

jarblitz

Feeder Fish
Dec 20, 2013
United States
I got my jardini about a month ago and its been a picky eater ever since. He only eats mealworms and wouldn't take anything else.
But here's the thing, after I put my new driftwood in the tank he stops eating and has been for days...ph is at 7.0 and just did a w/c a few days ago.....so please advice!!!

IMG_0993[1].JPGIMG_0999[1].JPG

IMG_0993[1].JPG

IMG_0999[1].JPG

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room
He may be stressed. If he is in a room with a lot of activity; throw a blanket over the tank for a while. You may want to pull out the driftwood and do more water changes. He may just need some time to adjust.

MattyA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Australia
Jardini seem to react strongly to change, when I made the tank barebottom he didnt feed for weeks, when I got rid of my big barra he was with for months he stopped eating for a week or so, then went back to normal. Around a week back I put a divider in his tank and just started eating again yesterday. Must be a jardini thing. I wasn't too worried as he is stocky as ever and healthy as. They'll eat when they get hungry enough.

jarblitz

Feeder Fish
Dec 20, 2013
United States
my old man got one too but his are super bulky with good appetite....and mines are just a stubborn fish from the same store!!!
more like a luck thing than a jardini thing:(

jechrz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
He'll eventually adapt to the changes, just give the aro some time to get used to its surroundings and it will be back doing its old monster ways :)

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
What have you tried feeding him ? Jars can be fussy with food , new tanks , and tankmates whilst small give it a little time and plenty of clean water you'll soon have a beast on your hands ;)
Might be worth putting some floating plants in for cover if the shy behaviour persists to help him gain confidence near and around the surface area

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store