Freshwater tounge fish( synaptura cadenati)???

Dako

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2013
Toronto
Today I went to go pick up some duckweed for my planted tank when a noticed a tank full of freshwater soles so instinctively I walked up to them to see how much they were and almost bought one but realized I had no idea how to care for one so that's when I decided to come here for help. I assume there pretty hard to care for but I have no idea if they would be safe with my neons and platy? Any help would be apriciated.

Casper Lorentzen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Usually they are sold real small and wouldn't harm anything but they do get large enough to each 2 inch fish no problem. I've seen them numerous times but I don't think anybody I know has been successful keeping them.
I got one now for 2 years. . Doing great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dako

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2013
Toronto
Thanks for the replies. I recently red up on them but nothing on the web told me how big they got? Also would it be ok in a 29 gallon.

Casper Lorentzen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Thanks for the replies. I recently red up on them but nothing on the web told me how big they got? Also would it be ok in a 29 gallon.
Mine is about the size of my hand % my fingers so will say 29 gallon is to small in my opinion.
Mine is in a 125 gallon. But I will say a 55 will be good. But just my opinion

marconi

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Mine is about the size of my hand % my fingers so will say 29 gallon is to small in my opinion.
Mine is in a 125 gallon. But I will say a 55 will be good. But just my opinion

Cool...most people aren;t successful with them...what are you feeding it?

Monstrous

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2013
Singapore
Had 1 in the past, I think they flourish under brackish condition, and having a sandy substrate would be better, since these fish, as far as I know from my own specimen, prefer to bury itself in the day. Also stick to the side glass of your tank sometimes.

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
here are my tonguefish. i have two species Cynoglossus microlepis and C. feldmanni. these guys are pure freshwater and are from Asia. (don't confuse them with hogchockers, which are american and like brackish water)

DSCN0899.JPG

DSCN0908.JPG

DSCN0910.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store