Got Compresscips babies

steve617

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2011
Piney Flats, TN
2 of my F1 Mwela compresscips have been guarding a shell for the past 10 days or so. Today i finally saw a baby swimming a little in a shell. Saw a couple more when i fed them some frozen bbs. Tomorrow im planning on moving the shell and babies to a tank by themselves. Also just started hatching some brine shrimp. Thanks for any advice. This is my first hatch.

Sent from my XT907 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

steve617

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2011
Piney Flats, TN
Not a very good pic. They are still pretty young. Only about 2 1/2 inches maybe the male is about 3 inches.

Sent from my XT907 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1388975080780.jpg

steve617

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2011
Piney Flats, TN
I've never raised them before. No idea how many babies are in the shell. Hope the bbs will give them the nutrition they need. I'll try to get a better pic in a couple days. It will be nice if I can raise them sucessfully. I hope to get some guideance on raising them. Going to take the babies out of the tank tomorrow hope thats a good decision. thanks for any advice.

steve617

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2011
Piney Flats, TN
Oe question I have I have a 30 long setup and ready. Would that be too big to put the fry in or should I try to get a breeder net. I could probably setup a 10 gallon but may take a couple days. thanks

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
The only draw back that I could think of is if there are only a few fry it may be hard for the fry to find the food you add if they are spread out all over the tank. Maybe start them out in a smaller tank then as they grow move them into the 30.
On a side note it sure is a lot of fun watching the little guys hunt down BBS.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store