Domino Damsel compatibility?

Melbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hawaii
So I started up a 20 gallon tank about a month ago. Put a 1.5 domino and small hairy hermit to cycle it. Now my mom has fallen in love with the damsel. Out of all the fish ive ever had its the only one shes ever liked! I told her its aggressive and also that it will need a bigger tank but she is willing to get one in the future.

My two questions are: Is there ANYTHING else I can add to the tank right now that the domino wont kill? I want a clown and a pink spotted blenny soooo badly. Can the blenny handle the damsel if its bigger?

Also, any suggested tankmates in the future? (assuming I got a 75 gal)

Any help or ideas are appreciated!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
You should have gotten the domino last. They are extremely territorial and one of the most aggressive damsels. If you add anything, it will kill it. I would suggest returning the damsel, or since your moms in love with it, settin up a temporary tank for it, then rearrange the rocks a little then add the blenny. Depending on the clownfish you get, you will either have to add the clown first and then the domino or add them at the same time. FYI, maroon clowns are the most aggressive so if you got one of those, you'd have to add it in with the damsel at the same time. Just do research on the type of clown you want first. Occelaris and perculas are the most peaceful. Hope that helped

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jstautberg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Cincinnati
I have a Domino that is in a 120 gallon with 2 blue damsels, 1 velvet damsels, 2 Clarki clowns and 2 snowflake eels. The clowns are bigger than him so he doesn't bother them at all. He does seem more aggressive than the other damsels though. He is pretty good at stealing the eels food during their feeding times. As you can imagine this makes them very angry. One of these days they might just make him their meal.

Melbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hawaii
Starange, ive heard of dominos being absolute terrors... In the future I really really dont want a damsel only tank. I like most non aggressive fish.... Maybw Ill just rehome my domino and tell my mom he died. Agh.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store