Anyone have the new and old beamswork lights

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
I purchased some beamswork last year and a couple more thus past week. They finally got here and I feel disappointed. Older lights had longer cord and are more brighter. New ones I bought cord barely( no drip loop) fits to the outlet, the moonlights seen better but the white light sucks,,old 48" perfect intense light for my 125 and very good lighting my 150. New lights on my other 125 I have darkish spots on both corners. These are the sane price range as my last ones but suppose to be new model. Any got opinions or similar experience

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

gregor7777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
What are the advertised lumens and LED wattage/quantity on both the old and new lights?

CrimsonFog

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Warshingtun
I have the older Beamworks. Although I am happy with them, I am considering getting the Current LED Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I just switched from the old single bright Beamswork to the Current USA Satellite + and am so happy I did. The old beamwork always made my tank seem dim like it needed more output and washed out my fish. The new satellite + are brighter and I love the full spectrum setting along with the rose/white setting. Cant really decide between the two but they make the fish pop and colors look great.

In regard the short cords, you can always buy extensions. I get mine here: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/power-supplies-accessories/
They are cheap and you have the option to send in the mail so cheap shipping cost also.

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
lol guys wasn't asking which light is better, as I have current +s on my more nicer tanks, on my Ca/SA i just want a good light. yes they were advertised the same, btw Finnex is great too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store