Why Are Asian Arowana Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I can see why things like snakehead are banned but i have never heard of asian arowanas causing harm to any native species... Somebody please explain it to me...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's all there for you in the Arowana section..in the stickies at the top of the page.

David1999

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
SoCal
It's because Asian Arowana are an endangered species and they are banned cuz of the limited breeding, there is more breeding now but the law of banning hasn't been lifted yet, if u really wanna know the whole reason why, just search it up online :)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
They fall under the Federal 1976 Endangered Species Act which regulates trade/sale of endangered animals in the US. They will remain that way until wild populations can be increased and more habitat given back to them. Sadly, captive populations and all the specific color breeding/hybridizations aren't doing anything positive for the status of the wild population.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I can see why things like snakehead are banned but i have never heard of asian arowanas causing harm to any native species... Somebody please explain it to me...

They are banned in the US so the rest of the world have something you don't lol

And I know for sure it really does get to some of you guys because in nearly EVERY thread posted with a Asian aro in you can guarantee someone will say I wish we could get them in the US

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
It's an exotic fishes that need to be protected from Americans. Otherwise, it will be extinct. Just like ST.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
You don't see the problems with ST we r facing ? So rare n so eexpensive compare to few years back.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store