Teacup Stingray Breeding Size

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
Id venture to guess like most you are speaking of a reticulated ray.........the answer is it completely depends on what you feed it, how much, ect. Should always have nuetral, clean water and alot of space

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Depends on what kind of ray it is.... "Teacup" is not a specie of ray it simply is just a name for when they are small. These are generally retics

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Oh.....a retic. I hate the term teacup. People think they can keep them in a 55 gallon tank when they hear the word teacup.

To the OP there was a memeber here that did actually breed a retic to a hystrix. Do a search on Google for Grapedinox retic hystrix breed monsterfishkeepers. That should get you started.

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
I will let you know more on this thread when mine hit maturity. I have 1 male and 2 females. Mine are all captive breed and the parents were at my lfs and breed like rabbits. I am hoping to have the same luck. The female was always pregnant within months of having pups. Now my rays, the females are only 6 months old and the male is 1 month old so I have some time before they will be ready. But I will post updates. I am custom building a tank that will be 8' x 4' by probably 20" tall. I also will have a drip system and enough filtration for around a 1000 gallon tank. Water quality is a MUST. I will also be keeping their grow out tank (a 75 gallon with 300 gallon worth of filtration) up and running for a "time out" tank for the male or females if necessary or hopefully more so the pups!!

My main concern for water conditions are ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. I am not as concerned with the rest of the water parameters because I have the exact same city water as my lfs. That is what the rays were in until they let me take them home. So they were already used to the ph level and the hardness and they did not us RO water so I figured I was safe there. I currently have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and 20ppm nitrates. I do 20 percent water changes every other day as I do not have a drip system in this tank. I also use 2 aquaclear 100's and 2 50 gallon sponge filters on this tank. Like I said water quality is very important. Ray's actually urinate unlike fish and it is pretty much all ammonia. Hence all the filtration and filters.

Hopefully I have given some good insight. I am by now means a pro since this is my first attempt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store