Saratoga Jardini tank size

davidk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2014
Australia, WA
Hi all,
I was wondering if my 5x3x2 tank would be enough to house a jardini long term (810ish litres).
From research, the 5ft length is enough and importantly it is wide enough (so no curled gills).
Also, what are some tank mates that can be with one :) e.g.. sail fin pleco etc...

Thanks in advance

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
The footprint would work. A longer tank (8') would be nice but not completely necessary. But I would put a pair of rays in there with that footprint.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I think a five foot tank is too small. At 20 inches he is 1/3 the length of the tank. The width of nice but I think it's too short.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

davidk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2014
Australia, WA
Yeah, I was thinking that would be the concern as it would be kind of swimming in just a circle when big.
Would rays be okay long term? Because I have posted on another forum and they said pbass and rays aren't good for the size. But i would love to keep either of them :p without being cruel to the fish though

davidk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2014
Australia, WA
Or if there are any other tank busters you would think would suit a tank that size :) feel free to suggest, I'm all open for suggestions haha

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
My jardini was in a 5x2x2 for six years was fine tankmates weren't though not much space for others only bottom dwellers really
Imo ideally a6x2x2 would be worth the extra spend in long run

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
I think a 5x3x2 would cost more than a 180 gallon. Get a couple male rays that footprint is perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davidk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2014
Australia, WA
Well I got the 5x3x2 for $150 (not new) but couldn't refuse :p
Well it's either male motoro or bichirs probably :) but its becoming impossible to find any bichirs in Perth, Western Australia... :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store