New behaviour

george09

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
peterborough on
So I did a water change yesterday and my very prego motoro was on the surface disk curled up said she was a plate floating on the surface. Today I watched her float midwater and jolt get back end back and forth. My questions I gess is do rays close to birthing exhibit these strange behaviours ? Was just really weird to see

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Kind of hard to tell what you mean, but look at youtube videos of birthing rays and that may answer your question. I don't think so though, maybe some sort of stress, but I have never had a pregnant ray so idk.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I'm confused she was all curled up but a plate? Would love to help but I'm a little confused. My female has been swimming at the top allot just because she was so big trending water. Overall actions were the same with her as always. She has stayed a bit more still at the front of the glass a little but other then that she ate the same and was a normal active ray.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

george09

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
peterborough on
Ok if u were to lay a plate in the surface of the water and have it just float around she basicley doing that. She's never dun that she had her disk all curled up around the edges and just floated around wile I waddling tank maintaince. She's back to normal self just looking for a possible behaviour that could be a sign that she's getting close.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
This is usually stress related. Lack of oxygen, male biting her, or very drastic water param change

I would do an all around water test. Test tank, test tap, and compare to your typical water params. Make sure good oxygen and make sure no one is bothering her

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store