New Silver Aro Pics & Future Plan!

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
Hey guys,
I just got a baby Silver Arowana from my lfs about a week ago. I just wanted to share some pictures and let you guys know my future plans for him/her.

I currently have it in a 10 gallon grow out tank and have been doing about a 60% water change every three to four days. I'm giving it feeders for now but I want to try crickets this weekend. When I first put it in the tank it was with a baby Oscar and a very small cichlid. He was only in there with them for around 20 minutes before he started getting picked on. I moved the other fish out but he still got his rear fin torn up slightly. But he's all alone now and doing better.

Once he outgrown the 10 I will put him in a 55 gallon and then my 220.

I was wondering how long I have until he outgrows the 220 but once he does I want to build an outdoor pond for him.

Future tank mates
1 TSN
1 Black Convict
1 Bristle Nose Pleco
1 Senegal Bichir
1 Oscar
3 Blood Parrots (A small, medium, and largish one)
1 Silver Dollar
1 Fire Mouth Cichlid

My filtration on that tank is
1 Aquaclear 110
2 Canister Filters
1 Sump
And I have a few pothos.

Sorry for any grammatical errors. I'm doing this from my phone. Hold on I'll upload the pictures after this. :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Nice! Just wondering do you have a tank bigger than the 220 or are you planning on getting a monster tank?

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
Live plants on the left and 3 fake plants on the right by my filter. I also have two floating plants but I plan on getting more as I here floating plants make Arows more comfortable?
uploadfromtaptalk1389314652639.jpguploadfromtaptalk1389314665000.jpg

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
Thanks for the reply! And yes, the 220 is my largest tank but I live in South Florida where it stays above 75° F all year round so once he outgrows the 220 I am going to build an outdoor pond for the Aro and TSN! :D

Edit: Mostly stays above 75° F. There exceptions during winter so I may need a heater for some days.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
PUT A LID ON THAT TANK! D: Oh lord! Hurry! They tend to jump out all the time!!!!

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
I will update about every two or three weeks. Sorry for the bad pictures. My phone doesn't have the best camera and the water is cloudy due to a recent water change.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
PUT A LID ON THAT TANK! D: Oh lord! Hurry! They tend to jump out all the time!!!!
I have a lid, I just took it off for the water change and picture. It is completely covered except for tiny slits by the filter which I covered with a rag. uploadfromtaptalk1389315353570.jpg

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Great set up! Only think i would recommend is to lower the water level by around 3 inches, keep us updated!

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
Great set up! Only think i would recommend is to lower the water level by around 3 inches, keep us updated!
Thanks! And I'll lower it slightly the next time I do a water change. The live plants have only been in there for about 4 days so once they start growing it should look a lot better.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store