Got a fluval fx 6 from amazon and packaging was terrible!!!

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Well after a few days work and some money I purchased a fluval FX 6 off of amazon.com and they sent it in its box by fluval with no other box surrounding it. It arrived with lots of huge holes and tears in the box and I was very ticked anyway sorry for the little rant but what are your thoughts on the filter is it efficient as they say it is? It will be going onto a 180 If it dosent leak (re siliconed today I will test fill on Sunday )

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Daonni

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
nh
Ahh that's too bad. Is everything in order? Is this from amazon directly, or a vendor they deal with? I have ordered sooo much with prime over the last year and never had that problem.

Sent from my LG-L38C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Ahh that's too bad. Is everything in order? Is this from amazon directly, or a vendor they deal with? I have ordered sooo much with prime over the last year and never had that problem.

Sent from my LG-L38C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yeah everything is there I always buy smaller stuff from amazon with no issues and it was sold buy amazon not a third party company this means no more large expensive stuff from amazon

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
I've had my FX5 nearly seven years now and than some fasteners breaking no complaints. I looked at the FX6 closely and don't see much difference at all. The colour is different, the fasteners a different design, a couple of dials on the top just to remind you when you cleaned it and a reported slight increase in energy efficiency is about it from what I've seen. Oh the baskets for the media a different colour.
I came to the conclusion that both were much the same. I would recommend them to anyone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store