LED vs Fluorescent

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
Which light fixture looks better? The right half or the left half of my tank? I'll reveal which side is which after I get opinions.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1389377043669.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1389377124761.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1389377164913.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1389377193460.jpg

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Hard to tell since the room has a lot of natural light coming in, but I think the led is on the left.

On my tanks, I like Fluor light on the fish coloration, but I love the shimmering water effect of led

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
i do think the LED is on the LEFT side also since the right side it shows a taller standing light fixture than the left.. I personally thinks it's the individuals personal preference to which one shall he or she chooses.. not from pictures...

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
The LED is in the left and fluorescent is in the left. I prefer the LED. Partly due to the awesome shimmery effect, but I find that the LED almost makes everything thing look sharper and more defines. Darker shadows and more natural looking color. The flourescent looks a lot softer, and it kinda makes water look hazy to me. And I have crystal clear water. It does make the fish,s color look good but so does the red bulb that I put in my LED fixture. I can also get a blue bulb for my LED which will even further pop my fish' color.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
The LED is in the left and fluorescent is in the left. I prefer the LED. Partly due to the awesome shimmery effect, but I find that the LED almost makes everything thing look sharper and more defines. Darker shadows and more natural looking color. The flourescent looks a lot softer, and it kinda makes water look hazy to me. And I have crystal clear water. It does make the fish,s color look good but so does the red bulb that I put in my LED fixture. I can also get a blue bulb for my LED which will even further pop my fish' color.

If both the LED and fluorescent are in the left, what is in the right?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store