New Member 300g stock options?

Serene_Waters

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Canada
First post and glad to be apart of the group. Lots of learning to do for a tank this size but have been in the hobby a long time and have a lot of exp under my belt.

Tank is 96x30x24 internal overflow with a 110 sump. Former reef tank.

Currently have 3 peacock bass, 3 tiger oscars, 1 jack dempsey and 1 rhino pleco.

Definitely getting an arowana in there just not sure which, safe bet to stay away from a jardini I'm assuming? Would like a couple actually but suggestions are welcome!

Was looking at a golden dorado as well but not totally sure yet.

Regarding filtration I was planning to set up a drip with an auto pump out. Trying to avoid a buoy or mechanical mechanism if I can. I hear there are water systems that use electrical sensors but all I can find are auto top up systems which won't work in reverse to drain. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

raj914

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
Philippines
Welcome to MFK! You are right about the jardini, it will take over the entire tank at one point. If you didn't have a pleco in there Bichirs would be good. Also consider Datnioides, Severums, Hoplarchus Psittacus. HTH!

thatrandomfishkeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Welcome to MFK! You are right about the jardini, it will take over the entire tank at one point. If you didn't have a pleco in there Bichirs would be good. Also consider Datnioides, Severums, Hoplarchus Psittacus. HTH!
+1 If it were my tank, I would rehome the pleco and get some bichirs, theyre awesome fish. I also think the datnoids would be a good option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Agreed with the others about Dats. They're my favorite type of fish, especially for a setup this size.

Serene_Waters

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Canada
Awesome thanks for the suggestions! Deff got some reading to do on a couple I'm curious about now.

Any suggestions on which arowana would be a nice fit? I wanted a couple if possible. I know the silver and black can go together but would it be not advisable to put a silver and golden together?

thatrandomfishkeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Awesome thanks for the suggestions! Deff got some reading to do on a couple I'm curious about now.

Any suggestions on which arowana would be a nice fit? I wanted a couple if possible. I know the silver and black can go together but would it be not advisable to put a silver and golden together?
If you're referring to a jardini when you say golden, I would not keep them together. While I have not owned a jardini, the great majority of people who have said things about them say that they like to terrorize the tank. It might work since they're both arowana, but I wouldn't chance it myself. Good luck with the tank!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store