6x4 footprint good for a ray?

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Is that a good footprint for a ray and rtc? Obviously if and when they get 3 ft I'd upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Sounds like great dimensions for just about any ray(maybe not a tiger) but the rtc will likely outgrow the tank one day. The bigger concern would be If you got them both as juvies, the rtc will outgrow the ray by a lot, especially in the first couple years.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Honestly I could have a bigger tank in in a week if I found the right deal or materials. I'm using a 180 and a 90 to build a 6x4x24" at 4" depth I can go as long at 10' if I could find the glass for that.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
I have seen rtc kept in 4x4s for life... cruel but it did work. boring but you will have a big fish in a tank its unable to swim freely. resulting in the fatty just eating all day and sitting in the same position.

Rays should be fine for time :)
That's terrible. 6x4 would still be temporary. Just alot more longterm then the 180 I bought resealed and still leaks. So instead of resealing it I'm looking for a cheap 90 and the madness will begin. But like I said. If I found even 2 bigger sheets of glass appropriate for the tank I'd go even longer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store