Nori

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Checked out a fairly new Korean supermarket yesterday and was just perusing around when I came to the nori(seaweed sushi wrap) section. Picked up a packet of unseasoned nori to see if any of my stock will take it. I shredded them into small sections and soaked it in water for an hour. The fish approached the strange new thing floating around in their tanks and eventually took a nibble. So far so good, everybody who tried it didn't spit it out....even my blue gill. Anyone else give their fish nori?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
My synspilum and bluegill went right for it this morning. I haven't seen anyone spit it out yet, so I think this is gonna catch on with the rest of the stocks after a few more feedings.

Finally a "true" fish food that I can also snack along with my fish lol

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
nori from the market has always been a favorite cheap way of adding greens to a fishes diet. Got into using it with saltwater but it would work for fresh as well. Good idea. Thanks for the reminder.

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
That's good to know.I have given kale to my cichlids.I let it dry out on top of the tank light, then easy to flake it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
That's good to know.I have given kale to my cichlids.I let it dry out on top of the tank light, then easy to flake it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
My only reservation about using kale is that, kale is one of the heaviest pesticide sprayed vegetable in the market. I would give this as a treat here and there but only use the organic variety.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Any ill effects to your water parameters? Discoloring?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Nothing showing up or that I can see, but its not like a use a ton of it either. Just going to be using the nori for a couple of feedings per week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store