A kid buys a RTC for a 20 gallon and releases it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
While searching youtube i found this video and took a screenshot. Basically, a kid buys a RTC for a 20 gallon with a jaguar cichlid, 6 inch ID shark and other cichlids and says when the RTC outgrows his tank he will release it into a local lake. This just goes to show how irresponsible some kids can be. BTW I know that we all make mistakes as young keepers and alot of kids actually take really good care of animals... But i am just posting this to sorta let out my anger cause this just REALLY bugs me!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1389463994.096256.jpg

mq_camo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2010
coolum
That's why we have such strict import an quarantine laws in australia, these sorts of fish would devostate our native fish, mind you they're expensive as he'll here so no one in there right mind would let a $1000+ fish go in the creek

mq_camo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2010
coolum
That's why we have such strict import an quarantine laws in australia, these sorts of fish would devostate our native fish, mind you they're expensive as he'll here so no one in there right mind would let a $1000+ fish go in the creek. Very irresponsible, makes me more angry when you see people try and house these a awesome fish in 180's and such, these fish needs MASSIVE tanks or ponds

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
That's why we have such strict import an quarantine laws in australia, these sorts of fish would devostate our native fish, mind you they're expensive as he'll here so no one in there right mind would let a $1000+ fish go in the creek. Very irresponsible, makes me more angry when you see people try and house these a awesome fish in 180's and such, these fish needs MASSIVE tanks or ponds
Yeah! I personally just acquired a red tail tiger shovelnose hybrid but i am already working out an upgrade for him and i got him yesterday :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Eh with any luck he lives in a place where should he actually release it, it will get eaten immediately or won't tolerate the water conditions and die soon after

Sent from my VS840 4G

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Eh with any luck he lives in a place where should he actually release it, it will get eaten immediately or won't tolerate the water conditions and die soon after

Sent from my VS840 4G
I think you need read the username in Youtube picture....he appeared to living in a warm place.

wrslrcichlid

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Battle Creek, MI
I just left a comment on his video and messaged him in an attempt to educate him a bit. Tried not to be harsh, just realistic. Might be a good idea for more of us to comment.

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
Just be glad he let it be known what he planned on doing... Think about the ones that just let them go and we never get a chance to say nothing. I agree it is a sad situation and will never stop unless the prices of fish like these GO UP!

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
I think the import laws in Aus are junk! 90% of the fish on the list cant even live in our waters, winter will kill them, but the price effect it has on the rare fish is good as it does stop kids and the unknown from buying such species, I think thats actually how all these types of fish should be sold if you cant afford to spend 1k on the fish you wont be able to afford the tank later down the track and the food also gets quite costly.

As for the kid, not good but I doubt he could even understand the long term effects this would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store