NGT off earthworms!

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Got it early Nov and it would only eat earthworms. Starved it for a month and still no joy-gave 1 earthworm and starved again. Past week or more started eating bloodworms. Today I cut some MP up in long, thin pieces and cut up an earthworm and mixed it together. Put a small amount of water in and left for good 6 hours or more. Took the first bit of MP and job done! Very happy man now. Will start to stuff the MP with pellets and food sticks and at some point try getting it onto pellets alone.
It always stable and active and I look forward to getting it to grow now

image.jpg

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Great news.. nice job rob
Theres no need to do eat or die... as you've proven...
Just starve.. then do ONE top up feed with what it eats.. then back to starve.... the just repeat.
Top up feed gives you piece of mind and you need not worry it will die...

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Just starve.. then do ONE top up feed with what it eats.. then back to starve.... the just repeat.

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Thanks Ade. Forgot to say I followed your advice which was much appreciated. After the top up feed after being starved a month it started to show more interest. I didn't feed it again and like I said it took to bloodworm (which I always feed my Spotted Dollars) just over a week ago. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it broke on the first go at the MP marinade :nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store