Best way to heat a 10.5ft x 5ft x 2ft (LxWxH)

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
As title suggests?

I've been told to look at central heating pumps. When I've got some time, I'll draw up the designs for the filters so everybody has a better idea what I'm after

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BigFinn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
America
What type of filter? If it is a sump most people keep heaters in their sumps but for a tank that big the only thing I could think of is having submersibles in the sump and in the tank main tank. Do you have this tank? How many gallons?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
What type of filter? If it is a sump most people keep heaters in their sumps but for a tank that big the only thing I could think of is having submersibles in the sump and in the tank main tank. Do you have this tank? How many gallons?

It's a build. The place its going is in the process of being built. The tank is based on the diy trickle tower systems. I made a typo on the title.
It's 10.5 x 5 x 3
4252litres/1123g

I'm not home atm but tomorrow morning I'll draw the designs up. They'll be 6-8trickle towers running into a sealed, insulated main return tank. A pump in this tank will run the water into the tank. A bit hard to explain atm. The diagram will make sense.

BigFinn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
America
Oh ok so that is not going to work. I don't really know exactly how people heat this size tank. Hopefully other members with some experience and knowledge will chime in.

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Oh ok so that is not going to work. I don't really know exactly how people heat this size tank. Hopefully other members with some experience and knowledge will chime in.

Thanks anyway for the input. I appreciate it :)

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
try getting two 1ooo watt submersible titanium heaters with control with probes,I use one on my 420 gallon tank and have no problem keeping it at 80 degres

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
try getting two 1ooo watt submersible titanium heaters with control with probes,I use one on my 420 gallon tank and have no problem keeping it at 80 degres
How much did you get yours?

trace

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2009
Hamer Idaho
I just use 300w jäger heaters on my 12x4x4. 6 total 4 in an overhead sump, two in tank. I have no problem keeping it at 82 degrees even when the room temp drops to 65. Heating the room it's self is however the cheapest and easiest route. I can heat my tank with only 3 heaters but they run more than if like.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
I just use 300w jäger heaters on my 12x4x4. 6 total 4 in an overhead sump, two in tank. I have no problem keeping it at 82 degrees even when the room temp drops to 65. Heating the room it's self is however the cheapest and easiest route. I can heat my tank with only 3 heaters but they run more than if like.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
That could work. I want to get a bunch of ideas so keep em coming lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store