oxygenatoin

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I have a medium planted 90g with CO2 running. I have a couple fish in the tank that require high oxygen. whats the bets way to accomplish this? Right now I am running an aquaclear hagen powerhead 301 and 201 with the extra airline to increase agitation. Would running a whisper 100 with two stones be better?

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya
Im not sure im understanding but isnt it thats counter productive? How about moving the fish to another tank and just make is pure planted since ur already spending money on co2

Sent from my C6902 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Im not sure im understanding but isnt it thats counter productive? How about moving the fish to another tank and just make is pure planted since ur already spending money on co2

Sent from my C6902 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
+1

Injected co2 diminishes oxygen so you can agitate the water or run an airstone but then that lets the co2 escape. Only run the co2 30min before lights come on and shut it off 1 hour before lights turn off and use a 8-9 hour photo period, this should help and obviously when the lights turn off you should run an airstone and it should turn off when the co2 turns back on. That way your fish have plenty of oxygen for 16-17 hours a day.

Do away with the hobs if you can, you don't want that much agitation but if its your only filters just keep the water level high.

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 9 wins back to back in 1 season (record!) See you next year in Australia boys!× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

Cheap way to decrease nitrates and keep your fish healthy: http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504763

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
The loss of Co2 isn't an issue. You can have a well Oxygenated CO2 tank. The use of CO2 doesn't preclude the other. What is better the power heads with an airline above the waterline or a dual air pump?

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
The loss of Co2 isn't an issue. You can have a well Oxygenated CO2 tank. The use of CO2 doesn't preclude the other. What is better the power heads with an airline above the waterline or a dual air pump?
That's entirely contradictory..... oxygenating the tank will reduce co2 levels drastically! Get a drop checker or co2 test kit and see for yourself. When I use to run my hob on my heavily planted tank with injected co2 its was hard to get it green but when I switched to a canister its not a problem. And when my lights click off and my bubbler turns on it takes about 30-40min and my drop checker starts turning blue again.

I'm just saying you can't put out fire with fire.

But to answer your question PH above the water with air will not only agitate or break the surface tension but it will also blast air into the stream so I'd go with that. but its going to kill you co2 levels.

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 9 wins back to back in 1 season (record!) See you next year in Australia boys!× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

Cheap way to decrease nitrates and keep your fish healthy: http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504763

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store