Stingray Growth Rates

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I am wondering how long it takes for a Pearl Stingray to reach sexual maturity from a disk size of 5 inches and is there any way I can increase the growth rate? Also, to my understanding female stingrays can become very stressed physically if they give birth right when they reach sexual maturity, is it a good idea to remove any mature stingrays from the females presence? Also, can a Pearl Stingray and a Motoro Stingray mate?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Raymann88

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
To maximize growth rates provide the ray with ideal conditions - large tank, excellent water quality and filtration, quality and varied diet, etc. It is not ideal to have the female get pregnant as soon as she matures. Most often one finds out their female is mature when they see she is pregnant as individual rays all develop differently. There are no physical exterior signs of when a female is mature. A pearl and motoro can and have mated. They seem to be the two species that will breed with other species with relative ease.

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
To maximize growth rates provide the ray with ideal conditions - large tank, excellent water quality and filtration, quality and varied diet, etc. It is not ideal to have the female get pregnant as soon as she matures. Most often one finds out their female is mature when they see she is pregnant as individual rays all develop differently. There are no physical exterior signs of when a female is mature. A pearl and motoro can and have mated. They seem to be the two species that will breed with other species with relative ease.
Thank you your help is appreciated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store