Injured BD

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
My male BD been acting weird this week. Hanging on his side behind a piece of wood. Thought he maybe knackered from chasing the females around for the last few weeks. But I just noticed his eye today. It is red over the pupil. Eye is intact but the front of it is all red. Hard to get a shot of it at the moment. Going to up temp and make sure water good. Hope to god he is okay. Around 16" disc.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
I'm freaking out now. he deffo not himself. The eye don't look good and he just wants to lay behind this bit of wood up against the back of the tank. The girls are hanging around him wondering what the problem is. Water perams are all good. Its weird. I lost my biggest tinfoil on Thursday and thinking about it this is when the ray started acting weird. I'm pretty sure he has eaten a small 2" dat this week as well. I caught him cloaking it a few days ago and got him off, but the dat gone now. The tinfoil was 9" big and can't work out why it went. Got 8 others that are fine and 6 other bigger dates that are fine. Also the other 4 rays are fine also.

Raymann88

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Any wound marks? Maybe he damaged his eye chasing the girls around and banged into the wood or one of the females injured him fighting back. Is he eating?

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Yes he eating ok. I separated him for now.
Any wound marks? Maybe he damaged his eye chasing the girls around and banged into the wood or one of the females injured him fighting back. Is he eating?

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
I would prob divide him all by himself to make sure he is stress free until he recovers

I had a rays eye fill with blood before, is this what it looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Have already divided him to be on the safe side. He looking and feeding fine. His eye looks dodgy though.
I would prob divide him all by himself to make sure he is stress free until he recovers

I had a rays eye fill with blood before, is this what it looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

doyboy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
essex uk
You dont reckon one of the girls have stabbed him in the eye when he been chasing ? Hope he back to norm soon

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store