UK FISH LAW, could you be prosecuted?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
hey all, done a little research after reading the recent rtc thread, here are the laws on keeping fish in the uk, it says you need to create a happy enviroment inc gravel plants and hiding spaces and your fish must have good water, and have enough space... you could be prosecuted! still want an rtc, if you cant afford a 2000g gallon aquarium and cant sell it? be warned...

http://www.rspca.org.uk/ImageLocator/LocateAsset?asset=document&assetId=1232727952127&mode=prd

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Made me think anyhow, I know I've kept fish I couldn't house. ..

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Libpete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
England
Good info, thanks.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I commented on something like this before our hobby is on the animal rights radar. The other thing about that law would be who will come and check you out. How will they know you have fish.
I guess you wouldn't even trust your neighbor. Funny things like this are how the communists take over a country. You may think Wild bill is nuts but do some research on what happened in Russia and Germany.

Skurj

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2013
GTA Ontario Canada
Some silly laws here in Canada eh... If we are bringing fish from the US into Canada, we must keep them in our own aquarium for 1 yr.. and not bring any more fish into the country for at least 90 days...? eh?

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I commented on something like this before our hobby is on the animal rights radar. The other thing about that law would be who will come and check you out. How will they know you have fish.
I guess you wouldn't even trust your neighbor. Funny things like this are how the communists take over a country. You may think Wild bill is nuts but do some research on what happened in Russia and Germany.

How the hell did you get the RSPCA trying to be strict about animal welfare and try and compare it to how the communists take over countries?

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
It sounds like they are trying to encourage responsible fish keeping. What's wrong with that? I agree, those little designer tanks are a joke. It's sad, I've even seen someone keeping a Piranha in what looked to be a little designer 2 gallon tank.

Next thing you know, they are going to pass laws requiring you to provide necessities like food and water to your dogs and cats. :confused:

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Think about it who is going to tell someone if you sold said rtc. It would be some one you know, some one wanting not to break laws. Now who is going to enforce this law this post is about. It won't be lfs that would kill business it will be a government agency. What is this law for more government control. What do we call a government that controls our evey move, Oh yah communist. I asked you to do some research but you didn't I guess. Now how are the animal rights involved who else would push for a law like this. The sad thing is or maybe the good thing is they to will lose their rights in the end.
As I had said before governments listen to who ever yells loudest. The sad thing is pet owners, farmers and any one else involved with animals say nothing. Guess what we get laws like this then we yell but it is to late. As for the communism part what government doesn't want total control of its people. If you don't believe that check out how many freedoms we have lost already in North America. Wake up man you live here in Canada guess what gun registry was all about not safety for the people. The criminals stood and cheered when it passed. Take a look at the Calgary Stampede rodeo there is animal rights winning the fight.
I won't say any more this kind of thing really makes me mad. And hate to sit back and watch it goes on un noticed or worse applauded as a great thing.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Is a clue, long explosion. Strong political agenda is clear. Reached an agreement in order to communicate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store