Rhinocerous Iguana with two enclosures, Louisville, Ky, no shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Hi,
I have a ~4 year old male Rhinocerous Iguana that I am trying to find a new home for. I got this guy when he was pretty small back in the summer of 2010. He is currently about 30" long, although it is hard to get an accurate length on him because he doesn't like to hold still :).

He is pretty good around both dogs and cats, although I would not recommend leaving him unattended. He has my 85lb boxer mix completely cowed. He is not an aggressive iguana, although lately he has gotten a lot more pushy about things. I have not been able to give him as much attention and time out of his enclosure as I would like. I recently began building him a much larger one, but have decided that I would just like to find him a knew home.

I would like to sell him with both enclosures that I have. He currently lives in a 4'x2'x2 custom plywood terrarium with two doors, a UV light and a heat light. It works, but he's definitely out grown it. I am in the process of building an 8'x4'x4' enclosure that will has 3x T5 lamps with 2x full-spectrum UV bulbs in each lamp (6 bulbs total). It will also have 2x heat lamps hanging over the basking area. it will have multiple electrical outlets inside the enclosure for plugging in vent fans, heating pads, etc. I have a built-in outlet style timer to run the lights with, and two STC-1000 temperature controllers that I was going to use to control the vents and heating pad. It will also have two doors with acrylic panels.

I have not finished the larger terrarium yet. I have built the box, and wired up and hung the T5 lamps. I have not done any more electrical, or built the doors. I have everything needed to finish the terrarium. All in all, I've got about $1,200 in materials for building it.

I would like to sell him for $1,000, which would include him and both terrariums. I feel like this is a fair price, considering how much I've put into the terrarium. Feel free to message me any offers though.

I can NOT deliver him, as I have no way to transport his smaller 4x2x2 enclosure, let alone the larger one. We will have to find a way to remove the larger one from my basement as well. It can either be unscrewed and completely taken apart, or, what I was planning to do, was cut it in half vertically and then rig it to be put back together.

I do not want to sell separately, as I have no use for the larger terrarium.

Here are some pictures from just a couple months ago. He likes to go outside, and walks on a leash very well :).
IMG_1029.JPG
IMG_0729-2.JPG
IMG_0727-2.JPG
IMG_1031-2.JPG
terrrarium 1.JPG
Terrarium 2.JPG

IMG_0727-2.JPG

IMG_0729-2.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1031-2.JPG

Terrarium 2.JPG

terrrarium 1.JPG

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good looking iguana,does that species grow as big as the green?

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Good looking iguana,does that species grow as big as the green?
They can get over 3 feet long. He's still got some growing to do, both in length and in weight. he's maybe 7-8 pounds right now, I'd guess.

Dang, I remember when you got him! Send him down to Florida to live with me. Hed love it here!
Thanks, I'm sure he'd like it there. However I won't be shipping him.

Thats a beauty! Rhinos are by far my favorite Iguanas because they get massive and look so prehistoric. Good luck finding him a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks Claw! I was super psyched when I got him, as I'd been looking at Rhino's for a while, and he just kind of popped up in town at the right time. I've slowly gotten out of keeping exotic animals though. Over the last year I've rehomed my ball python, all of my aquariums, and now I'm trying to find a new home for this guy. Unfortunately I just don't have the interest in it that I used to, and my wife and I are hoping to start a family soon, so there would be even less time to give him attention once that happens.

I'm sure someone will be able to give him a better home than I can.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Bump. Would really like to find this guy a new home soon. PM me with offers. Worst I can do is say no.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Bump. I might be willing to sell the iguana with his smaller terrarium for $600. I'd still rather sell it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store