Eheim Pro 2

SpinalFan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
Durham Region, Ontario
I have one on an overstocked 80g and it seems incapable of clearing the water. What gives? Does anyone have one? For the size of the spraybar, I would expect the nozzles shooting across the room. Water comes straight out about 6-8 inchrs. Is this normal? Tank is soooo cloudy that my AC70 made a difference in minutes.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ading522

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
Is it a used one newly setup? Or a new one? Maybe needs some new hoses? Maybe the filter media you chose traps too much air bubbles?

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SpinalFan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
Durham Region, Ontario
It is newly setup on this tank to replace a ML C360 that was having huuuge air movement and still doing a better job than this. The filter is next to new, and is mint in every way. Media is oem sponge pads and ceramic. Checked for air, doesnt seem to be any...

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
It sounds like the output from the spraybar is normal to me. If you have checked the hoses (no loops or sags) and there is nothing clogged in the filter, there probably isn't a problem.

Do you have a pre-filter on the intake strainer?

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
I have two Eheim pro 2 on my tank. It's an excellent bio filter but average to below average mechanical filter. I added an emp400 filter to suck all the poop. Do you have the intake kit or the Eheim green tubes?

SpinalFan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
Durham Region, Ontario
Ahhh the debris is my issue!

I have the intake kit.

Thanks for the replies so far I appreciate it. My first eheim.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
I think the Eheim green tube is a better kit for suction power. It would probably help you with mechanical filtration. I tested both Eheim intake kits on my XP3 and the green tube has more head.

SpinalFan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
Durham Region, Ontario
I have an Eheim 2217 not being used as well. Think it'd be better? I noticed theyre rated for approx the same size tanks...

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I would actually run both Eheims on an 80G overstocked tank.

I prefer the 2217 filter to the 2028 though I do have both models but not on the same tank.

Double check the 2028 to make sure the short stubby hose joint input connector is inserted correctly into the pump head port so it will connect to the top media basket when the filter is assembled.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store