Dead monster fish

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
Well me and my grandfather do taxidermy work and I would like to ad more tropicals to what I have at home beneath is some of the fish laying around the house that we have done

So if you have a fish over a foot that dies and don't want to throw it out or burry it and see it go to waste I'd love to have it to add to my collection

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1389666625.988455.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1389666640.593083.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1389666651.291122.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1389666665.619921.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1389666679.022975.jpg

My creamsicle Midas
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1389666693.497384.jpg
35 inch koi I caught I a local pond
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1389666705.858907.jpg

In the process of finishing a silver arowana right now
Pm if you have anything your willing to give me

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
Under a foot sure I could do it but its a question of if I really want to I'd really like a foot or above cause its just easier to work with and depending what the fish and what it would cost to ship I would possibly pay shipping if it was something like a nice big pbass, tiger fish, or something exotic like that if its just your run of the mill Cichlid I wouldn't bother paying for something like that

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I have a 30" clown knife that's been in my freezer for a year. It's big and heavy. I would send it to you instead of burying it or whatever else

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I have a 30" clown knife that's been in my freezer for a year. It's big and heavy. I would send it to you instead of burying it or whatever else
Wow! Could you PLEASE post a pic of it up to a measuring tape? Brcause there is always a debate where people say they never get over 24 inches PLEASE do it for me! :)

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
Neat.

Just curious why the Koi died ?
The koi died because when I caught it its illegal to release it back in the pond since it is invasive species and they have been try to catch it out of the pong for years so when I got home with it it was still alive I immediately put it in the biggest tub I had but I could not find anyone to take a koi so large and unfortunately she went belly up after 2 and a half hours of heavy breathing and laying on her side I had know where to put such a large fish I think between fighting her for 40 minutes on 6 pound test and then driving home ten minutes with her out of water just wrapped in a wet towel did her in I called around everywhere and tried posting on Craigslist to see if someone would take her for a koi pond but know one responded
Nothing I could really do....

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
Shame - gorgeous fish - at least you didn't just leave it by the side of the pond like some people.
I would have rather seen it in a nice big koi pond then where it is now but I just couldn't find anyone with a big enough area to house such a fish
It was an unfortunate situation but I tried and did what I could

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store