Something Wrong With Marble

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
My marble isn't doing much of anything. It just sits there. Isn't moving much, doesn't seem to be eating. Not sure what to do. Already separated it, but I just don't see any visible issues. Have had it for about a month and all other fish seem to be fine. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
He was in a 300 gallon tank with 2 Motoro stingrays, a couple of catfish, a couple of peacock bass, gar, silver Arowana, jaguar cichlids, 1 common pleco, and a few severum. Everything seemed to fine up until last week sometime when I noticed the male Motoro was harassing him a bit then a few days after that he stopped moving around as much and didn't want to feed anymore. Prior to that I was target feeding the him night crawlers and earthworms with an occasional crushed minnow. Wanted to make sure he ate and the other rays and cats didn't beat him to the food. Since he stopped feeding and continued to be harassed I removed him on hopes of improvement and put him in a 55 by himself, but at this point seems like more of the same. Little movement, doesn't appear to be feeding. Visually he looks to be in good shape. No obvious change in color or anything...

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Be careful! That 55 will crash In a day or so. I would do 50% water changes every day and keep attempting to feed

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
that top view makes the tank look too narrow.it appears to be a large marble.whats filtering the water?

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Take out the gravel and make the tank bare or sand bottom. I used to have a gravel bottom with my ray but I switched to sand because the gravel would scratch her stomache.

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
I can definitely do a water change and remove the gravel. I will also keep trying to feed. Should I put it back in the 300 gallon tank or leave it separate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store